It is healthy & very very easy to make. It is made of Corn Flour not Corn Starch. Please do not use the corn flour which actually is the starch of the maize grain used to bind food products. Corn Flour is the powdered form of Corn.
- Makai Atta (Corn Flour) - 3 cups
- Wheat Flour - 1.5 cup
- Jaggery - 250 gms
- Ghee - 2 tbsps
- Chopped Cashew Nuts - 1/3rd cup
- Chopped Almonds - 1/3rd cup
- Raisins - 1/3rd cup
- Powdered Cardamom - 1 tsp
- Ginger Powder (Saunth) - 1 tsp
- Cloves - 8
Take a pan & pour 2 tsps ghee & fry the cashews, almonds, raisins & cloves. Take out & keep aside. Now, put the jaggery with some water & let it dissolve. Now, Add the corn flour, wheat flour & ghee & stir till the ingredients are completely mixed & becomes smooth. Add the powdered cardamom, ginger powder & the fried dryfruits & cloves. Mix well. Put off the flame. Before it cools take small quantity & make round shaped laddoos with the help of your hand. If required you can grease your hand with some ghee to help you get perfect round shapes. Cool & keep in air tight containers. It can be stored for a few days.
1. You can increase or decrease the amount of dry fruits according to your liking
2. The same can be made with only wheat flour
3. It's a quick snack