- Carrots (Orange ones) - 4
- Lemon - 1
- Green Chilli - 1
- Whole Red Chilli - 1
- Curry Leaves - 6 to 8 leaves
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
Scrape the carrots & wash them thourougly. Now we need a shredder (kaddu kass) to shred the carrots. Be careful while shredding I often hurt myself so mostly I prefer letting my expert mother do this part.
Now, slit the green chilles mid way & chop them finely. Put the shredded carrots & the chilli together & put a dash of lemon over it. Now sprinkle salt as per taste. Separately heat oil in a ladle & heat it & when it is ready put the mustard seeds & let it splutter. Add the whole red chilli after breaking it in two. Put off the flame & put the curry leaves in the hot oil. Now, pour this on the carrot salad. Your Sweet & Tangy Carrot Salad is ready!
1. Freshly shredded carrots are to be used to retain their sweetness
2. For a variation you could use finely chopped tomatoes in the same recipe
3. No. of green chillies will vary depending on their freshness & taste required by individuals
4. This can be eaten with meals or can be separately eaten in the form of a healthy breakfast