Yeah, this one is a hit with Poori Aaloo.
- Thin Green Chillies - 20
- Mustard Powder - 3 tsps
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Jeera Powder - 1.5 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1.5 tsp
- Amchoor Powder - 1tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Mustard Oil - 1.5 tbsp
Mix all the masalas in a bowl. The mustard powder, turmeric powder, Jeera Powder, Coriander Powder, Amchoor Powder & Salt. Put enough water & get it to a thin watery consistency. Slit the green chillies in the middle lengthwise.
Heat a wok & pour the mustard oil in it. When it is about to smoke put the masala paste into it. It will smoke so better you put on that exhaust fan. Now when the masala starts leaving oil from the sides add all the green chillies to it & mix in. Cover the wok. After half a minute check the chillies & saute. Repeat this process a few times till the chillies are done. It will take 6-8 mts for this process.Your chilli pickle is ready to be served.
1. If you want to add more chillies then you will have to increase the masalas & oil sufficiently
2. This goes best with poori aaloo, paranthas, rice & dal.
3. You will like it with sooji halwa too
4. Easiest pickle to make
5. If you do not like mustard oil then use any other vegetable oil
6. It can be kept for a week if enough oil & salt is used
I am sending these pickled green chillies to Any One Can Cook hosted by Ayeesha. These can be made by anyone so are FB (For Beginners), WLI (With Less Ingredients) & WMT (With Minimum amount of Time).
Hope you enjoy them!