Peppery! A strong flavor!
How does it sound to you? Well, to me it sounds delicious.
The goodness of pepper (good for calorie reduction) in the soft, sweet & creamy gravy just makes me drool.
All we need to do is add the right bit of pepper to get the desired twist for your eagerly waiting taste buds.
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese - 200 gms
- Peppercorns -10-15 (crushed)
- Onions - 3 medium sized
- Bay leaves - 2
- Badi Elaichi (Black Cardamom) - 2
- Curd - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Salt - As per taste
Cut the paneer in cubes. Grind the onions & keep ready. Whisk the curd with sugar in it & set aside.
Now, heat the pan, add oil & throw in the bay leaves & badi elaichi. Now, pour the onion paste & saute till it becomes light brown. To this add the crushed peppercorn & curd & let it cook till the oil finds way. Be around to ensure the gravy doesn't stick to the pan. If required add the desired amount of water & wait till it boils. Cover & cook for a few minutes so that the flavors mix in well.
The gravy is ready & the paneer cubes can be now added to this & served hot with your favorite bread!
Not a difficult recipe to follow!
There is no need to add a bowl full of spices to make it tasty.
This finger licking recipe can be cooked within 20 mts.
- Do not add turmeric to this dish - you may if you wish to create a remixed version though! :)
- Sugar is also optional
- You may add cream instead of curd to make this super rich & fluffy
- Serve with Indian bread - roti, chappati, parantha