Oh yes! You can quickly make some lip smacking rice with these Fava Beans in it.
Fava Beans are also called Broad Beans. Avarakai in Tamil.
It is high in Protein & Fiber but low on Fats so it surely should be tried.
So let's get to cooking.
Get ready with:
- Cooked Rice - 1 Bowl
- Broad Beans - 12
- Spring Onions - 2
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 2 teaspoons
Put it together:
- Trim the beans & chop each in 2 or 3 parts. You may chop them according to your wish however I like them bigger as they look delectable to me.
- Now heat a deep pot with water in it. When the water boils throw in the beans & let them get cooked. Remove from heat & strain when done.
- Ready a wok on high flame with 2 teaspoons of edible oil in it & add the fava beans & spring onions together. Saute for a minute.
- Now add the cooked rice & salt to this & mix in well.
- Your rice is ready to be served with some hot manchurian!
- You may use normal onions if spring onions arent available although you will miss the greens & the lovely fresh taste
- Serve them with any hot & spicy curry